Building a home comes with multiple feelings—excitement, stress, weariness, gratification—and it’s a wonderful feeling to watch your dreams become realities. Having an active role in the building process will make the entire project more enjoyable because you have the confidence that every part is done to your specifications. The only way to really achieve this is through a quality, experienced custom home builder. Here are seven reasons to put your trust into a custom home builder rather than buying an already complete home.
- They get things in bulk – Because contractors typically buy in bulk, they will likely be able to pass some savings on to you. They often get discounts or have accounts with various businesses, providing them with better access and better deals. If you’re working with them, you usually share in this benefit.
- They charge you for what you want, not what they want – Instead of following a plan that the builder requires, you can follow your plan and make sure you’re only paying for what you want to have. Choose only the luxuries you want rather than making do with what the builder forces upon you.
- They offer flexibility – With a customer builder, you can come up with any floor plan you wish and they can make it happen. Of course, with experienced professionals they will also be able to provide options and feedback on what could work best for your family’s needs. They can work with your ideas and personal needs and also make it possible for little tweaks along the way.
- They have connections – Contractors have connections to everyone involved in the home acquisition process. From custom cabinet makers to landscape architects to pool installers, they will know who’s good and can provide you with recommendations.
- They can build at any location – Pick your favorite lot and build where you want. Custom builders aren’t always tied to a particular neighborhood, so you have more freedom to choose where you want to land. If you have property, they can help you get a proper site assessment and get everything ready for construction. If you don’t, they have the connections (like we mentioned in number 4) to help you find something.
- They manage your resources better – Even if you want to personally spend a lot of time customizing your home, the fact is that you have other things going on in your life. For a contractor, this is their job, and they can make the process much smoother by knowing the best order of operations and how to implement projects in the most effective way.
- They save you from unnecessary maintenance work – You may pay more upfront for a custom home, but within a few years you will see it was worth it. You don’t move in immediately feeling like you need to update or change certain things because everything is just how you want it right off the bat.
When you’re ready to take the leap on an amazing, high-quality home in Utah, contact Butterfield Builders.